Self Improvement: I’m not exactly sure what that phrase means, but over the past few months I have been trying to embrace change while at the same time figuring out how I can improve myself, both physically and mentally. For me, I think that is what Self Improvement is all about; Exploring your soul, being happy with who you are and feeling good about yourself, your goals and your surroundings.
Now, I haven’t made toooo many changes as I feel everything is a process and things take time to pan out the way you want them to, but the small changes I have made are making me happier everyday and I can already feel my self ‘improving’ (or that might just be caffeine withdrawal!)
- I have given up coffee. And although at first I thought this was going to be a mega challenge, it wasn’t actually too bad. My reason behind this was The Pantry Challenge which I’m currently doing and have previously blogged about. It’s a ‘challenge’ that focuses on gratitude, getting creative and using up everything in your pantry/freezer before buying anything new! It’s great and it’s going well and it inspired me to drink more herbal tea and less coffee, which is honestly doing my brain wonders!
- I’ve started learning Spanish (again). Spanish is something I have battled with for many years now. I learnt it at school and didn’t really pay too much attention to it and since then I have been learning on and off. Kerry and I lived in Spain for 3 months earlier this year and before heading over there I really put my mind to it, and I was actually getting quite good! I could interact with people and easily get by day to day. Then we left and I let it fall to the wayside. But now, I’m once again motivated and my passion to learn is really brimming. I will do this!!!
- I started my own business in an area that I’m really passionate about. For those of you who stop by quite often, you will already know about my website, for those newbies out there, I have a website selling 100% Fairtrade items. Everything has been ethically sourced, it’s all vegan friendly but most importantly everything is either BAFTS or WFTO approved. And I love it, I’m so proud of it and it brings me so much joy to be involved with something that scales globally and ensures other people’s happiness and job security. If you want to check it out, here’s the link www.vidorra.co.uk
- I have started reading The Secret which has really opened my eyes to the law of attraction of the power of positive thought. Now, when I talk to Kerry about it he says it sounds like I’ve joined a cult! So, I won’t bang on too much about it, but it’s a real game changer.
- I have started using my car less and my legs more! Not only has this saved me a tonne of cash it has also helped me to lose weight, free my mind, fill my lungs with fresh air and to feel great about reducing my carbon footprint.
All of the above might seem small or trivial to some, but to me each and every thing on this list is something that is making me happy. It’s making me a better person and overall a more balanced, almost spiritual person. I’m beginning to understand what actually makes me happy and what I want to achieve from life. And I’ve only just started on this path, things can only get bigger and better from here!
Oh, and as of next week I think I’m going to start limiting (heavily!) my alcohol consumption. That can only be a good thing, right?
Have you found happiness and enlightenment while trying to embrace change or self-improvement? I’d love to hear all about it! Please comment below or visit Without Cruelty on Instagram and leave your comment there! Thanks Guys!